ODNR Operations During Coronavirus Outbreak
Updated April 3, 2020
The Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR) continues to operate in accordance to guidance from the Ohio Department of Health and Governor Mike DeWine in the wake of the COVID-19 coronavirus in Ohio. We want to assure our guests that we are monitoring the situation closely and doing all we can to protect our staff and the public.
As of now, public outdoor spaces at Ohio state parks, wildlife areas, forests and nature preserves remain open, including trails, dog parks, and non-marina docks with a few exceptions:
- Magee Marsh Wildlife Area is closed.
- The boardwalk trail at Maumee Bay State Park is closed.
Other facilities including lodges, campgrounds (including the Woodbury and Crown City campgrounds), cabins, golf courses, restrooms, shower houses, playgrounds, APV areas, horse camps, and state park marina buildings are closed. For customers with reservations for camping or state-operated cabins, you will be contacted if your reservation will need to be cancelled. Cancellations will be done automatically, and you will be given a full refund. Customers with day-use shelter reservations will be notified by the park staff about their reservations.
We are closely monitoring the situation and will make any changes that the conditions warrant for the health and safety of our staff the public. We will update the media and the public should any of our properties close unexpectedly.
* If you wish to access Army Corps of Engineers properties, please check their websites for the latest information.
Ohio State Parks
- State park lodges are closed.
- State park campgrounds are closed.
- State park cabins are closed.
Modifying or Cancelling Your Reservation
Ohio State Park Campground and Cabins: Reservations with an arrival date on or before May 14 will be cancelled automatically. Customers will receive a full refund for these reservations back to the original form of payment where possible. If we can’t refund to the original form of payment, you will receive an Ohio State Parks e-gift card for use on a future reservation.
Lodge Rooms and Cabins: Overnight reservations with an arrival date on or before May 14 will be cancelled automatically. Customers will receive a full refund for these reservations back to the original form of payment where possible. If the refund can not be processed to the original form of payment, lodge staff will contact guests directly to discuss an alternate form of refund.
Lake Hope Dining Lodge (Vinton County) is open for limited carryout only:
- Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays: 5-8 p.m.
- Sundays: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Restrooms and Shower Houses
Restrooms and shower houses are closed. Guests will not be able to access these facilities. Please plan your trip accordingly.
- State park trails are open but visitors should use common sense and practice proper social distancing.
- State park dog parks are open but the number of visitors will be limited and visitors should use common sense and practice proper social distancing.
- State park non-marina docks are open.
- State Park golf courses are closed.
- State park playgrounds are closed.
- State park marina buildings are closed.
- All Ohio State Park and Watercraft offices, visitor centers, and nature centers are closed to the public.
- Naturalist programs, hikes, and special events are suspended through May 15.
Staff is available by phone and email to respond to questions regarding local facilities, as well as current and new reservations. Visit ohiostateparks.org to find the park office number for each park.
Ohio Department of Health: www.coronavirus.ohio.gov
Centers for Disease Control: https://www.cdc.gov/
Ohio Department of Natural Resources: http://ohiodnr.gov/odnr-operations-during-coronavirus-outbreak
The safety and well-being of all of our guests, volunteers and employees is paramount. We will continue to monitor the situation and adjust as needed. Please visit this page for updates.